“ENTER YOUR ZIP TO REQUEST FREE SIDE-BY-SIDE LTC POLICY COMPARISONS”

Annuity QuoteWiz ™

, in the next step we'll customize your quotes and provide cost of care data for .

Please provide your contact e-mail/phone number.

, in this last step we’ll gather a few final details to prepare your quote. The benefits questions are optional, but are helpful if you are familiar with how these work.

Daily Coverage

Long-Term Care Insurance policies pay a daily amount towards home care, assisted living, or nursing home. Home care is the most common claim, with 75% of claims starting at home.

Plan Duration

Average claim: 2.9 years. Assuming you don’t have a crystal ball, you don’t know how long you’ll need Long Term Care for. The chance of needing Long Term Care is 1 in 2, but the chance of needing it for over five years is much smaller. Like any insurance, you may buy this and never use it, so finding a balance is key.

Return of Premium

Add this option and you’ll be able to leave your beneficiary the total sum of all of your premiums paid, less any claims you’ve made. If the thought of buying this and never using it bothers you, guarantee a return of funds with Return of Premium.

Home Health Care on Day 1

Coverage for care at home is available with no waiting period. This 10-15% extra option is the most popular add-on rider.

Shared Coverage

Women make longer claims than men, on average. Hedge your risk with your spouse by adding a Shared Care rider to your policy.

Inflation Protection

If you're buying this thinking of using in the future, include inflation protection.

Nationwide Destination Navigator 2.0 Annuity

Author: No Comments Share:

This is a deferred variable annuity designed for investment-minded individuals looking for tax-deferred growth opportunities and a wide range of investment vehicle choices in their retirement.

Nationwide Destination Navigator 2.0 Details

Mortality, maintenance, and administrative charges

The annuitant will be charged a 1.10% mortality charge and a 0.20% administrative charge. This brings the total cost to 1.30%. An administrative charge of $30 will be charged annually unless the account value exceeds $50,000 in which case the charge is waived.

Issue age

The issue age is 0-85 years for annuitants. Owners may be of any age.

Minimum initial investment

  • Minimum qualified payment- $10,000
  • Minimum non-qualified payment- $3,000
  • Subsequent payments-$1,000 or $150 for automated clearing houses

Underlying investment options

These include fund exchanges, asset rebalancing, dollar cost averaging. One-year fixed account and over 100 sub-accounts.

Rider availability

Several riders are available with this annuity.

  • Nationwide Lifetime Income Rider
  • Nationwide Lifetime Income Track Rider
  • Nationwide Lifetime Income Capture Rider
  • Combination Enhanced death benefit Rider
  • One-Year Enhanced death benefit Rider
  • One-Month Enhanced death benefit Rider
  • Beneficiary Protector II
  • Liquidity Rider

The riders all have age limitations attached to them.

Free withdrawals

Annuitants can withdraw up to 10% of their account values or the required minimum distribution without incurring withdrawal charges or MVA. However, withdrawals are subject to income tax and distributions prior to age 59.5 might be subject to a 10% penalty in tax. Above the free withdrawal amounts, a surrender charge (CDSC) will be applied. This will start at 7% for the first year afterwards reducing gradually to 0% in the eighth year.

Death benefit

Return of premium death benefit- This is available to annuitants at no extra cost. It ensures that at the annuitant’s death, beneficiaries receive at least the invested amount.

Spousal protection death benefit- Also available at no extra cost, this ensures that the surviving spouse can receive the death benefit or continue the contract.

Waivers

The Nationwide Destination Navigator 2.0 annuity provides waivers for withdrawals made in case an annuitant encounters a long-term care or is diagnosed with a terminal condition from which they are not expected to recover. These are not available in all states. The enhanced surrender value for terminal illness feature allows the annuitant to receive their full death benefit before they pass away

Previous Article

Nationwide Destination Architect 2.0 Annuity

Next Article

Nationwide New Heights 8 Annuity

You may also like