“ENTER YOUR ZIP TO REQUEST FREE SIDE-BY-SIDE LTC POLICY COMPARISONS”

Annuity QuoteWiz ™

, in the next step we'll customize your quotes and provide cost of care data for .

Please provide your contact e-mail/phone number.

, in this last step we’ll gather a few final details to prepare your quote. The benefits questions are optional, but are helpful if you are familiar with how these work.

Daily Coverage

Long-Term Care Insurance policies pay a daily amount towards home care, assisted living, or nursing home. Home care is the most common claim, with 75% of claims starting at home.

Plan Duration

Average claim: 2.9 years. Assuming you don’t have a crystal ball, you don’t know how long you’ll need Long Term Care for. The chance of needing Long Term Care is 1 in 2, but the chance of needing it for over five years is much smaller. Like any insurance, you may buy this and never use it, so finding a balance is key.

Return of Premium

Add this option and you’ll be able to leave your beneficiary the total sum of all of your premiums paid, less any claims you’ve made. If the thought of buying this and never using it bothers you, guarantee a return of funds with Return of Premium.

Home Health Care on Day 1

Coverage for care at home is available with no waiting period. This 10-15% extra option is the most popular add-on rider.

Shared Coverage

Women make longer claims than men, on average. Hedge your risk with your spouse by adding a Shared Care rider to your policy.

Inflation Protection

If you're buying this thinking of using in the future, include inflation protection.

Soloist Annuity

Author: No Comments Share:

Soloist by Nationwide Financial is a deferred variable annuity designed for individuals seeking income in their retirement, death protection benefits and qualified assets all with a low minimum investment.

Soloist Annuity Facts

Mortality, maintenance, and administrative charges

The annuitant will be charged a 1.25% mortality charge and a 0.05% administrative charge. This brings the total cost to 1.30%. An administrative charge of $30 will be charged annually.

Issue age

The issue age is 0-78 years for annuitants. Owners may be of any age.

Minimum initial investment

  • Minimum qualified payment- $300
  • Minimum non-qualified payment- $300
  • Subsequent payments-$10

Free withdrawals

Nationwide Financial Soloist Annuitants can withdraw up to 10% of their account values on a non-accumulative basis without incurring withdrawal charges or MVA. However, withdrawals are subject to income tax and distributions prior to age 59.5 might be subject to a 10% penalty in tax. Above the free withdrawal amounts, a surrender charge (CDSC) will be applied. This will start at 7% for the first year and afterward reduce gradually to 0% in the eighth year.

Death benefit

Upon the death of the annuitant, the benefit paid will be the contract value or the return of purchase payments, whichever will be the greater of the two

Waivers

Annuitization can be done after 2 years.

Previous Article

Nationwide Summit Annuity

Next Article

Nationwide Secure Growth Annuity

You may also like